Saturday, June 14, 2008

Festa Junina

This is the time of one of my favourite typical parties. I guess I can translate it as Junish Party. The food is great with lots of candies made from peanuts, popcorn and corn. I just love it. There is a bonfire and lots of colour. This part can a bit exaggerated, but I still like it.
The music is not my cup of tea, but the typical dance is funny. It tells the story of a marriage. The girl got pregnant and the father forced the guy to marry. Telling it like this, doesn't sound so funny. But there is the bride, the groom, the priest, the girls father and the guests.
I danced it twice in my life. In kindergarten and at my last year in high school. The second time, the girls dressed as boys and vice-versa. Our Geography teacher was the bride.
In the northeast of Brazil, these parties are huge.

Unfortunately, i have no photos. I need to go to one of these parties soon. But you can have an idea here.

1 comment:

monaka said...

please go to the party and take loads of pictures. it looks amazing!